NEW APPLICANT services & PRICING
Shine is a full-service MBA admissions consulting firm serving business school candidates around the world.
For new applicants, we’ll work with you to develop their strongest possible applications by advising you through every step of the admissions process, from school selection to final interview.
Our broad range of services enables us to meet any applicant’s needs and timing, with the flexibility to focus on the areas most important to you. Just let us know how we can help.
Step 1: Foundation Package
We ask all of our clients to begin with our Foundation Package. We’ve created this offering to bundle together everything you’ll need to build the strongest possible foundation for your applications, independently of how many schools you’re targeting.
- Resume review and editing
- Personal branding
- Career goal advisement
- School selection
- Recommender selection and preparation
- Data form content development and editing
- Timeline planning
- Prep materials for the entire application process
- Client discounts on GMAT/GRE prep courses and tutoring, as well as publications (e.g. school guides) from our elite partners
Step 2: School-Specific Services (Hourly)
Upon completing your Foundation Package, we will then layer on your school-specific work on an hourly basis. For each school you choose, we will work side-by-side with you to tailor and complete your applications through to the end, including:
- Content strategy and development
- Essay review and editing
- Short-answer review and editing
- Recommendation review and feedback (1×1 with recommenders)
- Interview preparation, mock interviews, and feedback
- Waitlist strategy and communications review
- 3 hours: $350/hr. =$1050
- 10 hours: $340/hr. =$3400
- 15 hours: $330/hr. = $4950
- Single hours can be added (in advance) to any block at the same rate
- Rush services are available for an additional fee
Estimating the time you’ll need:
In our experience, time usage can vary substantially from person to person. This tends to be driven most often by:
1) natural writing ability
2) clarity going into the process
3) attention to detail
While some people are well-served by 4-5 hours per school, others utilize 8-10+, particularly for first couple of applications.
For some general guidance, 10 hours is an ideal starting point if you’re looking to work with us on 1-2 schools. For 2-3 schools or more, starting with the 15 hour block will give you our lowest rate. Otherwise, the 3-hour block is a great option for pay-as-you-go fans, ad hoc needs, or specialized services for re-applicants and future applicants.
Our goal to maximize the efficiency of our work together, and our process accomplishes just that. By empowering you with our knowledge up front, and focusing on strategy before you ever put pen to paper, we enable you to tell your story effectively from the get go. Then at the very end, we’ll deliver that final polish and ensure that every semi-colon is in place.
We understand that this is a big investment. Is it worth it? It truly is. Here’s why.
“Do or do not, there is no try.”