In addition to providing our own advice through the Shine blog, presentations, and private MBA admissions consulting services, each year we like to share the outside resources that our past clients found helpful on their journeys to business school.
Whether you’re looking to supplement your GMAT prep, learn more about your target schools, or find new ideas on tackling a tough essay question, the Shine MBA Class of 2016 recommended that you check out the following:
To increase their test scores, our clients this past year took advantage of private tutors in their area, as well as the following prep courses:
For practice exams, The Official Guide to GMAT Review by GMAC has actual GMAT questions from previous tests with answers and detailed explanations.
As always, they recommended the school’s own websites, blogs and social media pages as your first resource. Use these pages to learn about the characteristics of each MBA program, info sessions, scheduling a campus visit, or speaking with admissions representatives or student ambassadors.
Beyond those, our clients found the following online resources most helpful in gathering school information and admissions advice:
- Shine blog (Illuminations), of course!
- US News & World Report rankings/school profiles
- Bloomberg Businessweek rankings/school profiles
- Bloomberg Businessweek MBA articles
- Poets and Quants
- GMAT Club “Calling All Applicants” threads
- Stacy Blackman blog
- Beat The GMAT blog
- Clear Admit blog
- MBA Mission blog
- Admissionado newsletter
In addition, they cited the following 3 books:
- How To Get Into The Top MBA Programs by Richard Montauk
- 65 Successful Harvard Business School Application Essays” by Dan Erck
- The Complete Start-to-Finish MBA Admissions Guide by Jeremy Shinewald
Beyond mock interviews with us, and lots of independent practice, our clients also recommended:
And Now You…
[For more information about applicant resources, or general MBA admissions advice, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org]
© Shine/ MBA Admissions Consulting, October 1, 2014, 11:00am MT